Vegan Guacamole Onion Rings
Prep Time: 10Mins
Cook Time: 10Mins
Now here is a mouthwatering snack that has now become a hit in my house and at parties. This Vegan Guacamole Onion Rings recipe is sure to please everyone in the home, even your non-vegan mates. You’re probably wondering to yourself, what makes this recipe calls for the Vegan title, well let me tell you. When making most breaded items, eggs are usually used when making the batter, but not here we are replacing the eggs with the fluid you find in a can of Chickpeas, called Aquafaba. Try this recipe yourself; bet you can’t eat just one. 🙂
- 2 Medium Sized Onions
- 4 Medium Sized Avocados
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 1 Cup of Aquafaba
- 1 Cup of Bread Crumbs
- 1 Cup of Tomatoes
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Tbsp of Chipotle Chill Pepper
- 1 Tsp of Salt
- 2 Tbsp of Lime Juice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Optional Dipping Sauces (BBQ Sauce/Mustard Mix & Sriracha)
- Chop/Cube Tomatoes & Garlic.
- Cut Whole Onion for the rings
- Scoop Avocados into a bowl whisk until chunky/creamy and add Tomato, Garlic, Chipotle chili pepper and salt, fold mixture in bowl until blended.
- Place onion pieces on a sheet paper and fill them with guacamole.
- Place filled onion pieces in the freezer for 10-15Mins until they are solid.
- When solid remove from freezer and place flour, bread crumbs and aquafaba in three separate bowls.
- Dip each filled onion in, flour then aquafaba, bread crumbs and aquafaba and breadcrumbs once more for a thick breaded onion ring.
- Place breaded onion pieces into extra virgin olive oil until brown and crispy.
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauce.
Bon Appetit 🙂