Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes
Prep Time: 5Mins
Cook Time: 25 Mins
Hello everyone, welcome back to my blog. As I was searching for recipes and ideas for dinner I came across a delicious idea; Mediterranean Sweet Potatoes. This is a meal you have to try, it is absolutely mouth watering & Vegan 🙂
- 4 Medium Sweet potatoes
- 1 19-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp of Vegan Butter
- 1/2 Tsp each cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and paprika
- Pinch of sea salt and 2 Tsp of lemon juice
- Cherry Tomatoes (diced)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
Garlic Herb Sauce:
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp dried dill
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- Water or Almond Milk for thinning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, ready baking sheet or pan.
- Clean sweet potatoes & cut in half length wise, rub with vegan butter and place on baking sheet/pan face down.
- Toss rinsed and drained chickpeas with vegan butter and spices (cumin, paprika, cinnamon & coriander). Place on baking sheet/pan.
- Place in oven for 25min or until sweet potato is soft.
- Prepare Garlic Herb Sauce- with ingredients labeled above and mix in a bowl until smooth.
- Prepare additional toppings, dice cherry tomatoes and chop parsley. Place in a bowl with 1 Tbsp of lemon and let marinate until sweet potatoes are finished.
- Once sweet potatoes are fork tender, top with chickpeas, garlic herb sauce & tomato parsley garnish. Serve Immediately.
Bon Appetit 🙂