Deep Roasted Butternut Squash Soup + Vegan Sour Cream
Prep Time: 15Mins
Cook Time: 1Hr
That time is coming again, the nights are coming earlier and the temperature is cooling up. This is one of my fall-winter favorites, Butternut Squash Soup. I enjoy curling up with a movie or sipping this slowly from my big soup mug while I finish some work on the computer. Either way you like it, it’s sure to warm you up for the cool nights approaching. Warning, this soup may give you the best sleep of your life. 🙂 Enjoy
- 2 Large Butternut Squash
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Vegan butter
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 Large carrot
- 1 Tbsp Thyme
- 5 Bay leaf
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg
- Handful Cashews
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Vegetable stock
- Sea Salt
- Pre-Heat over to 425F, cut the squash in half and dice carrots. Melt 2 tbsp of vegan butter and rub butter onto squash and carrots.
- Spread evenly on baking tray and roast for 40Mins in the oven, or until squash is deep brown (carrots may need to be removed sooner than squash.
- Place 1 tbsp of vegan butter in a saucepan and cook onions and garlic on low heat until lightly brown.
- When squash is complete add carrot and squash to the saucepan with one cup of vegetable broth (cups may be modified to portions) + thyme & bay leaf. Cook on medium heat and let simmer. Discard of thyme and bay leaf before next step.
- Carefully place the soup into a blender and blend until you have reached the desired consistency.
Directions (Vegan Sour Cream):
- Place handful of cashews in a food processor along with 2 tsp of lemon juice, a pinch of sea salt, 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast and 2|3 Cups of water.
- Blend in food processor until it reaches a creamy like consistency.
- Add 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg and blend again.
- Place in a container and serve as a garnish on top of your Deep Roasted Butternut Squash Soup.
Bon Appetit 🙂